C programming comment

                C programming comment

Two types of comments are used in C program. In this chapter you will learn how to use the comments in C program.

Comments are used in C programming to make the code more readable.

Typically, comments are used to write code documents.

Types of comments
There are two types of comments in C program

Single Line Comments
Multiple Line Comments

One Line Comment
One line begins with the comment //

// afterwards avoid any type of text in C compiler.


For example, the following example shows the use of comments in C program:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <conio.h>
void main () {
clrscr ();
// Use of print function
printf ("I Love C");
getch ();
}

Output

I Love C

You can also keep comments even after the statement.

printf ("I Love C"); // Use of print function


More than one line comment
More than one line begins with a comment / * and ends with * /.

Any type of text between / * and * / should avoid the C compiler.

For example, more than one line comment was used to understand the code in the following example:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <conio.h>
void main () {
clrscr ();
/ * Print function
Use * /
printf ("I Love C");
getch ();
}

Output

I Love C

Post a Comment

0 Comments